- Software Downloads
- Arena (free to students)
- Autodesk (free software)
- Bentley STUDENTserver
- FPST Hydraulics
- Keysight EEsof EDA - Student License Request
- MathWorks (Matlab/Simulink)
- Matlab on Tesla
- Microsoft DreamSpark - OSU IT
- National Instruments (Labview/Multsim)
- Simio Acadmic Software
- Classroom Software
- Software Downloads
- Web Services
- Contact Support
"OSU Helpdesk" phishing emails.
OSU has been experiencing an increase in phishing emails disguised as requests from an IT group or support team recommending password resets by a provided link. When receiving these emails please be mindful of the content and do not interact with any links or attachments provided. We have outlined a few rules that can assist if you are uncertain how to deal with these emails.
Do not click any links in the email regardless of the content.
OSU IT, CEAT IT, or any other support team will not email requests to reset passwords or change any user information. The OSU system is not designed to allow support teams the ability to see Okey passwords. Support teams are there as periphial support meaning they wait for users to request assistance.
If you are not expecting contact from the @okstate.edu address that sent the email. Create a new message and ask them the original message's validity.
Phishing attempts can disguise themselves as coming from real @okstate.edu email addresses. This does not mean they are safe to open and or click links. If you are unsure if the message is a real email then start a new email to ask the sender.
Forward any phishing attempt email to OSU IT (email@example.com).
It is best to notify Central IT or CEAT IT when any phishing email is received.
Here are the steps to report a spam/phishing email to be blocked. How to report a spam message
New Campus Wi-Fi
On July 15, OSU-Stillwater and OSU-Tulsa are transitioning to the Eduroam global WiFi service, which will give students and employees secure and fast internet connectivity at any participating Eduroam campus.
What you need to do:
- Visit your network settings.
- If you were previously connected to OSUSTAFF, “forget” the network before connecting to Eduroam. To forget a network, visit your network settings, and select the option to forget the network.
- From the list of available networks, choose eduroam.
- When prompted, enter your okstate.edu email address and password, then click submit. You must use your full okstate.edu address; short names (without the @okstate.edu) will not work.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Choose to Trust the network.
For Android users:
- Choose PEAP for the EAP method drop-down menu
- Choose Do Not Validate from the CA Certificate drop-down menu
- Choose MSCHAPV2 from the Phase 2 authentication drop-down menu (On some Android phones this will be in the Advanced tap at the bottom. Also, you will need to save the settings after changing to MSCHAPV2)
- Enter Okey email address
- Enter password
- Connect to eduroam
Microsoft Remote Desktop Critical Vulnerability
Earlier this week, Microsoft announced the presence of a critical vulnerability with the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) service present in: Windows XP, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, and Server 2008 R2. Exploitation of this vulnerability could allow unauthorized users remote access to affected systems. Windows 8, Windows 10, Server 2012, Server 2016, and Server 2019 appear to be unaffected by this vulnerability.
In response, Microsoft has released patches for the affected operating systems. Currently supported operating systems (Windows 7, Server 2008, and Server 2008 R2) should be patched to the latest available version as soon as possible. Out-of-support systems (Windows XP and Server 2003) will also receive a patch dedicated to addressing this vulnerability.
Additional information regarding this vulnerability and where to obtain necessary patches are included in the following Microsoft TechNet article:
NOTE: If you have any questions regarding updating your machine please feel free to contact us at the Chat button below or at 405-744-1753.
Fri, Oct 04, 2019
Thu, Sep 26, 2019
Mon, Sep 23, 2019
Mon, Sep 16, 2019
Mon, Sep 09, 2019