- Software Downloads
- Arena (free to students)
- Autodesk (free software)
- Bentley STUDENTserver
- FPST Hydraulics
- Keysight EEsof EDA - Student License Request
- MathWorks (Matlab/Simulink)
- Matlab on Tesla
- Microsoft DreamSpark - OSU IT
- National Instruments (Labview/Multsim)
- Simio Acadmic Software
- Classroom Software
- Software Downloads
- Web Services
- Contact Support
MathWorks (Matlab / Simulink)
For personal PCs, or university-owned laptops that travel off campus, you can install and license MATLAB via the Mathworks portal.
- Connect to the Mathworks portal.
- Click “Download MATLAB – Get Started Today”
- You will then redirect to the Mathworks login page. Either login with an existing Mathworks account, or create one if you don’t have one. Use your full OSU email address as your Mathworks username (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This will pull up a screen where MATLAB can be downloaded. The newest version will be presented by default; other versions are available in the sidebar.
- Clicking the download link will download a MATLAB installer, roughly 200mb.
Installing and activating MATLAB
- Launch the installer that you downloaded by double-clicking it
- You will be prompted to “Select installation method”; choose “Log in with a MathWorks account”
- Select “Yes” for the license agreement
- Enter your Mathworks account credentials
- Select the OSU “Academic – Total Headcount” license; it is the only option presented
- At the Product Selection screen, ensure the base products MATLAB and Simulink are selected, and select any or all additional products
- Product Configuration notes are just informational statements about the software
- After installation, check to box to “Activate MATLAB”
- The User Name prompt should default to your local username, which is acceptable
- Click through the remaining activation prompts, confirming the information you entered
For fixed (desktop) PCs that are university-owned and located on the Stillwater campus, please contact CEAT IT for assistance in installation and licensing.