- About CEAT
- Architecture Programs
- Engineering Programs
- Architectural Engineering
- Biosystems & Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Engineering Distance Education
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Masters in Engineering Technology Management
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Engineering Technology Programs
- Contact Us
- 2014-2018 Strategic Plan
- Student Services (Advising)
- CEAT Career Services
- Student Resources
- Future Students
- CEAT Scholarships
- Computing Requirements
- Information Technology Services
- OSU Honors College
- Undergraduate Enrollment & Graduation Data
- Graduate Program
- Outreach & Extension
- Applications Engineering Program
- Center for Local Government Technology
- Fire Protection Publications
- Fire Service Training
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress
- International Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- Inventor's Assistance Service
- New Product Development Center
- Professional Development
- Outreach & Extension
- Research Overview
- About CRSP
- Research Activities and Support
- News and Events
- Alumni & Friends
New Product Development Center
The Oklahoma State University New Product Development Center pairs Oklahoma’s small manufacturers with OSU faculty, staff and students to help commercialize the manufacturer’s new product concepts.
Services may include developing new products, updating or improving a current product, integrating new technology or broadening market shares with new product features. By working with the NPDC, manufacturers not only develop new products, but also create new and enhanced jobs, increase capital investment and strengthen its communities. Furthermore, these manufacturers gain valuable experience that can be applied to their next new venture.
The NPDC has proven that new product development assistance can have a significant impact on the state and its manufacturers.
Since its beginning in 2002, the NPDC has created the potential for more than 250 new jobs and has helped generate several million dollars in new revenue for Oklahoma manufacturers. Every NPDC project is an investment in the future of Oklahoma.
Past grant successes include the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge, which led to more than 30 jobs created or retained and $5.3M change in sales; NIST e-CAR for sustainable manufacturing, which realized an 80:1 impact ratio; and numerous state-awarded contracts, the most recent resulting in $3.6M in economic impact and a 6.3:1 impact ratio.
The NPDC mission is to link the innovative ideas and capabilities of small manufacturers with the knowledge and technical expertise of the land grant university faculty, staff and students. This collaboration allows for the development and commercialization of economically competitive new products that strengthen economies, create new and enhanced jobs, improve capital investment and increase tax base.