Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
Purdue University, 2014
Dipl.-Ing.(FH), Mechanical Engineering
Hochschule Karlsruhe - Technik und Wirtschaft - University of Applied Sciences, 2008
- Heat Pumps and Air Conditioners
- Virtual Sensors for Vapor Compression Systems
- Evaporators, especially with respect to
- Flow Control and Flow Distribution
- Frosting and Fouling
- Optimization of Defrost Process
- Compressor Performance Improvement
- Heat Recovery
Awards and Recognition
- Willis H. Carrier IIR Young Researchers Award - officially awarded August 2015 at the 24th International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR) Congress of Refrigeration in Yokohama, Japan., 2015
- ASHRAE Graduate Student Grant-In-Aid. ASHRAE, Atlanta., 2010
- Valerius Füner Preis. Award for outstanding diploma: University of Applied Sciences, Karlsruhe, Germany., 2009
- Free one-year membership at the "Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft", as acknowledgment for outstanding skills in the subject physics as evidenced at Carl-Engler Schule, Karlsruhe, Germany., 2004
- Acknowledgment for outstanding examination results during the final examinations as part of 3-year dual system internship, Chamber of Commerce and Industry Karlsruhe (IHK). Germany, 2001
- Vice Chair for TC 8.8, Refrigerant Systems Controls and Accessories; Vice Chair for TC10.07, Commercial Food and Beverage Refrigeration Equipment; Member of the ASHRAE ‘by nomination only’ STBE Review Board; Voting Member. Standards Committee SPC33 - Method of Testing Forced Air Cooling and Heating Coils; Secretary, Technical Committee 8.4, Air-to-Refrigerant Heat Transfer Equipment; Voting Member, Technical Committee 8.4, Air-to-Refrigerant Heat Transfer Equipment; Webmaster, Technical Committee 8.4, Air-to-Refrigerant Heat Transfer Equipment
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineer
- Pi Tau Sigma ( International Honor Society for Mechanical Engineers) Faculty Adviser
- SAE International Faculty Adviser/Co-Adviser for OSU Formula SAE
- OSU American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) chapter faculty co-adviser
- Kincheloe, M. C., J. P. Franke, K. Bach, C. R. Bradshaw (2021). Design of a Psychrometric Coil Testing Facility for Commercial Size Heat Exchanger Coils, JIJR. 121: 143 - 151.
- Ahmed, M., H. Park, K. Bach, O. San. (2020). Numerical Investigation of Air Mixer for HVAC Testing Applications (ASHRAE RP-1733). STBE. 26(9): 1252-1273.
- Lee, A., C. K. Bach, and C. R. Bradshaw (2020). Differential Mass Evacuation Sampling Technique for Measuring Refrigerant Charge and Oil Retention of Round Tube Plate Fin Heat Exchangers (ASHRAE RP-1785). STBE. 26(6): 790-804.
- Saleem, S., Sarfraz, C.R. Bradshaw, and C.K. Bach (2020). Development of Novel Experimental Infrastructure for Collection of High-Fidelity Experimental Data for Refrigerant to Air Heat Exchangers. JIJR. 114: 189-200.
- Park, H. and K. Bach. (2020). A Literature Review of Air Mixing Devices for Psychrometric Performance Measurement Application (ASHRAE RP-1733). STBE. 26(6): 778-789.