Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2009
M.S., Electrical Engineering
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2007
University of Science and Technology of China, 2005
- Unmanned systems in GPS-denied and disturbed environments
- Multi-agent systems
- Nonlinear and adaptive contro
- Modeling Atmospheric Turbulence and its Impact on UAS Navigation for Unmanned System Traffic
- Machine learning
- Autonomous systems
- Human-robot interaction
- Robotics and automation
- Associate Editor for the IEEE Control System Letters (2021)
- Associate Editor for the IEEE Control System Society Conferences
- Member of IEEE Technical Committee on Manufacturing Automation and Robotic Control
- Co-organized a joint meeting of ISA sections from Tulsa, OSU and Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma State University Mercury Robotics Society, Faculty co-adviser
- Oklahoma State University Automation Society International Society of Automation (ISA), Faculty adviser
- Graduate adviser
- Undergraduate research adviser
- Undergraduate academic adviser
- K. Coleman, H. Bai and C. N. Taylor. Extended Invariant-EKF Designs for State and Additive Disturbance Estimation. Accepted by Automatica, 2020.
- G. Jing, He Bai, J. George, and A. Chakrabortty. Model-Free Reinforcement Learning of Minimal-Cost Variance Control. IEEE Control System Letters, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 916-921, 2020.
- H. Bai and C. N. Taylor. Future Uncertainty-based Control for Relative Navigation in GPS-denied Environments. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 3491-3501, 2020.
- S. Allison, H. Bai and B. Jayaraman. Wind estimation using quadcopter motion: A machine learning approach. Aerospace Science and Technology, Elsevier, vol. 98, 2020.
- K. McFall, K. Huang, H. B. Gilbert, M. K. Jouaneh, H. Bai, and D. M. Auslander. Mechatronics and Robotics Education: Standardizing Foundational Key Concepts. Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, vol. 20 (11), 2020.