Jamey Jacob, Ph.D., P.E.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
University of California–Berkeley, 1995
M.S., Mechanical Engineering
University of California–Berkeley, 1992
B.S. (w/ Highest Honors), Aerospace Engineering
University of Oklahoma, 1990
- UAV Design & Flight Testing
- Vortex Dynamics
- Flow Control
- Geophysical Flows
- Autonomous Systems
- Plasma Physics
- Inflatable Aerostructures
Awards and Recognition
- OSU Outstanding Faculty Service Award (2016)
- OSU Mortar Board Golden Torch Award (2016)
- Inaugural CEAT Student Council Teacher of the Month (2014)
- Lockheed-Martin Teaching Excellence Award (2014)
- OSU Panhellenic Outstanding Faculty Award (2013-2014)
- Regents Distinguished Teacher (2011)
- Lockheed-Martin Teaching Excellence Award (2011)
- Lockheed-Martin Teaching Excellence Award (2010)
- Halliburton Excellent Teacher Award (2010)
- Oklahoma Innovator of the Year (2010) (with Rand Elliott and Associates)
- Best Presentation (Plasmas), Dayton-Cincinnati Aerospace Sciences Symposium (March2007) (w/ Arvind Santhanakrishnan)
- Best Presentation (Aerostructures), Dayton-Cincinnati Aerospace Sciences Symposium(March 2007) (w/ Andrew Simspon)
- AIAA Technical Committee Distinguished Service Award (2006)
- SAE Award for Excellence in Oral Presentation, General Aviation Conference (2006)
- Best Presentation (Plasmas), Dayton-Cincinnati Aerospace Sciences Symposium (March2006) (w/ Arvind Santhanakrishnan)
- SAE Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award (2005)
- SAE Award for Excellence in Oral Presentation, AeroTech Congress (2005)
- Best Presentation (Plasmas), Dayton-Cincinnati Aerospace Sciences Symposium (March2005) (w/ Karthik Ramakumar)
- National Research Council AFOSR Summer Faculty Fellow (2003, 2004)
- Outstanding Mechanical Engineeirng Teacher Award (2002)
- Kentucky Governer’s Award for Research Excellence (2002)
- Loffi, J. M., Wallace, R. J., Vance, S. M., Jacob, J., Dunlap, J. C., Mitchell, T. A.,& Johnson, D. C. (2021). Pilot Visual Detection of Small Unmanned Aircraft on FinalApproach during Nighttime Conditions. International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics,and Aerospace, 8(1).
- McFarquhar, G. M., Smith, E., Pillar-Little, E. A., Brewster, K., Chilson, P. B., Lee,T. R., Waugh, S., Yussouf, N., Wang, X., Xue, M., de Boer, G., Gibbs, J. A., Fiebrich,C., Baker, B., Brotzge, J., Carr, F., Christophersen, H., Fengler, M., Hall, P., Hock, T.,Houston, A., Huck, R., Jacob, J., Palmer, R., Quinn, P. K., Wagner, M., Zhang, Y.,and Hawk, D. “Current and Future Uses of UAS for Improved Forecasts/Warnings andScientific Studies.”Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 101, No. 8,2020, pp. E1322–E1328. https://doi.org/10.1175/bams-d-20-0015.1.
- Maulik, R., San, O., and Jacob, J. D., 2019, “Spatiotemporally dynamic implicit largeeddy simulation using machine learning classifiers”Physica D, Accepted for publication,2020.
- Hemingway, B.L., Frazier, A.E., Elbing, B.R. and Jacob, J.D., 2020 “High-Resolution Es-timation and Spatial Interpolation of Temperature Structure in the Atmospheric Bound-ary Layer Using a Small Unmanned Aircraft System.”Boundary-Layer Meteorology,No.175, pp. 397–416.
- Maulik, R., San, O., Jacob, J. D., and Crick, C., 2019, “Sub-grid scale model classificationand blending through deep learning.”Journal of Fluid Mechanics,870, pp. 784–812, July.