Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering
North Carolina State University, 2015
M.S., Aerospace Engineering
North Carolina State University, 2012
Oklahoma State University, 2010
- Flight Dynamics and Control
- Unmanned Aircraft Design and Fabrication
- Flight Testing
- Aircraft Certification
- Aviation Training
- Pilot Workload
Awards and Recognition
- 2019 Edward H. Heinemann Award (ATARI Team).
- 2013 DoD SMART Scholarship for Service Program Recruitment Participant.
- 2010 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship.
- 2009 Barry Goldwater Scholar.
- 2008 FAI F8-S Record Flight, Pterosoar-B Autonomous UAS.
- 2007 FAI F5COMB Record Flight, Pterosoar PEM Fuel Cell UAS.
- 2006 Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education Academic Scholarship.
- Aerospace Engineering Laboratory
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics
- Paul, R., and Rhinehart, M., “Exploring Pilot Workload Using Inceptor Time Histories.” Prepared for Vertical Flight Society Forum 76, 2020.
- Shafer, D., Paul, R., King, M., and Denham, J.,“Aircraft Carrier Landing Demonstration using Manual Control by a Ship-based Observer,” presented at the 2019 AIAA SciTech Forum, San Diego, CA, 7-11 January 2019, AIAA 2019-0010.
- Paul, R. and Gopalarathnam, A., “Iteration schemes for rapid post-stall aerodynamic prediction of wings using a decambering approach”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 76, 2014, pp. 199-222.
- Paul, R., Murua, J., and Gopalarathnam, A., “Unsteady and Post-Stall Aerodynamic Modeling for Flight Dynamics Simulation,” AIAA Paper 2014-0729, Proc. of the AIAA SciTech Conference, National Harbor, MD, January 2014.
- Petrilli, J., Paul, R., Gopalarathnam, A., and Frink, N.T., “A CFD Database for Airfoils and Wings at Post-Stall Angles of Attack,” AIAA Paper 2013-2916, Proc. of the 31st AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, San Diego, CA, June 2013.