BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
PROVIDED BY W. WAYNE ALLEN THROUGH OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
This scholarship program was designed to benefit a person who was an active member of a Boys & Girls Club while in high school, and who wishes to pursue educational goals in the field of engineering. This is an OSU exclusive scholarship program, awarding to an incoming freshman $15,000 per year for up to four years of study toward a BS degree in engineering, as well as enrichment activities and domestic and international travel. Only one new award is made each year.
Funding for the Scholarship comes from a generous donation by W. Wayne Allen, retired CEO and Chairman of the Phillips Petroleum Company. Allen was once a member of the Boys & Girls Club of Ft. Smith, Arkansas, and previously a member of the National Advisory Board. He credits the Boys & Girls Club with providing him an unusual opportunity for personal growth.
- To accelerate professional & leadership development; stimulate intellectual growth; develop career awareness & cultural perspectives; develop interpersonal skills.
- To provide financial enrichment to students actively involved in local Boys and Girls Clubs, who desire to pursue a career in the engineering industry.
- Scholarship awards in the amount of $15,000 annually
- Visits to top engineering corporate facilities and leaders
- 8-10 day domestic travel experience
- 10-12 day International tour of industrial and cultural sites
- Professional mentor
- Participation in designated leadership and teamwork development activities
- Demonstrated leadership in one or more organizations in high school
- Demonstrated capacity to be successful in an engineering program
- Admitted to Oklahoma State University
Preference will be given to students with at least a 3.0 GPA.
By submitting an application, I authorize appropriate administrators, faculty members and professional staff members in the Office of the Dean of the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology, and the School of my major to release any information from my academic records, any information pertaining to University extracurricular activities, and information pertaining to my racial or ethnic origin and sex. By submitting an application, I agree to having the selection committee review my personal information within and will allow them to contact me for potential interviews if needed.
Application Deadline: February 15
Late submissions will not be accepted.
*If you would like to receive additional information about this scholarship prior to submitting your application, please contact CEAT Scholarships.