CET Outcomes & Objectives
OSU Construction Engineering Technology graduates a few years after graduation will:
- Solve problems typically found in the construction industry in construction engineering design, estimating, planning, scheduling and project management using mathematical, analytical, and scientific skills of engineering technology.
- Successfully work in teams and communicate effectively in written, oral and graphical forms.
- Continue life-long career and professional growth by actively interacting with local industries and participating in appropriate professional societies.
- Continue life-long personal growth in sensitivity to ethical responsibilities, global
environments, and associated social issues.
Upon graduation the student will have:
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET