FPSET alumni Michael Larranaga appointed to the National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health
Saturday, August 12, 2023
REM’s Michael Larrañaga has been appointed by the Secretary of Labor as a public representative on the National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH). Established in 1970 under the Occupational Safety and Health Act, “NACOSH is comprised of 12 members: four public representatives, two management representatives, two labor representatives, two occupational health professionals and two occupational safety professionals.” The committee’s mission is to advise, consult with, and make recommendations to the Secretaries of Labor and Health and Human Services (HHS) on Agency priorities, including the areas of:
- Leadership in the national dialogue on worker safety and health;
- Strong, fair, and effective enforcement of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards;
- Expanded compliance assistance;
- Guidance and research, including research needs and priorities;
- Expanded partnerships and voluntary programs;
- Regulatory matters;
- Other activities to help reduce work-related deaths, injuries, and illnesses; and
- Emerging issues involving Occupational Safety and Health.
Additional information on NACOSH can be found here.
REM Risk Consultants assists clients with all aspects of Business Continuity and Resiliency – from process safety and fire protection solutions to occupational health and organizational risk management.
Please contact us if we can assist you in improving your operations.