BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
PROVIDED BY W. WAYNE ALLEN THROUGH OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
Application Deadline: February 15
The W.W. Allen Boys and Girls Club Scholars Program (BGC Scholars) at OSU awards an incoming freshman between $19,000-$55,000 per year for up to four years of study toward a BS degree in engineering. This includes an OSU tuition waiver between $4,000-$40,000 and an annual CEAT Scholarship of $15,000. Additionally, each scholar will participate in funded enrichment, travel, and networking opportunities. While only one student is selected each year, we include this student in our CEAT Scholar program community!
- Demonstrated leadership in one or more organizations in high school
- Demonstrated capacity to be successful in an engineering program
- Admitted to Oklahoma State University
- Preference will be given to students with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- To accelerate professional & leadership development; stimulate intellectual growth; develop career awareness & cultural perspectives; develop interpersonal skills.
- To provide financial enrichment to students actively involved in local Boys and Girls Clubs, who desire to pursue a career in the engineering industry.
- Scholarship awards in the amount of $15,000 annually
- Visits to top engineering corporate facilities and leaders
- 8-10 day domestic travel experience
- 10-12 day International tour of industrial and cultural sites
- Professional mentor
- Participation in designated leadership and teamwork development activities