CEAT Peer Mentor Program
Who We Are
The purpose of the CEAT Peer Mentor Program is to connect with students in the College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology in order to facilitate a positive transition for students to Oklahoma State University. This program is meant to help students feel more connected and informed as they transition into their college education. Sophomore, Junior and Senior level students are all eligible to be paired with Freshmen students. Together, the pairs set goals and discuss the challenges that come with adapting to college life. Mentors can help answer questions and give helpful tips in hopes of increasing retention rates in CEAT.
- Must have a sincere interest in contributing to the academic, social and personal well-being of first-year students.
- Must meet once with assigned mentees each month and attend monthly mentor meetings, as well as any added social events.
- Must be available to reach out to mentees starting in early July to allow mentees to ask questions about attending OSU and start making connections before the academic year begins.
- Actively communicates with mentees and encourages engagement in campus events and activities.
- Will maintain strong, two-way communication with professional staff throughout the academic year.
- Meet during the semester with your mentor. Share your struggles and challenges with them and receive valuable advice from them on how to survive engineering school.
- Learn how to build relationships with peers, professors, and faculty that will help you throughout your college career.
- Get answers to questions that you have.
- Should I take these classes together?
- Where can I go to get help in Calculus?
- How can I set up a meeting with a tutor or an advisor?
- Apply now to become a mentee for the 2022-23 academic year. Spots are limited, so
be sure to sign up quickly.
- As a mentee, you will be paired with an upperclassmen student that will serve as your mentor for the 2022-2023 academic year. Pairing will be done based on major, academic interests, identities, and other interests/hobbies. You will be expected to meet with your mentor monthly and remain in contact with them throughout the year.