Light Matter Interactions
30. Gyawali, S., Tirumala, R.A., Loh, H., Andiappan, M., Bristow, A.D. Photocarrier recombination dynamics in highly scattering Cu2O nanocatalysts clusters, 2023, Submitted.
29. Ravi Teja Addanki Tirumala, Nishan Khatri, Sundaram Bhardwaj Ramakrishnan, Farshid
Mohammadparast, Mohd Tauhid Khan, Susheng Tan, Phadindra Wagle, Sharad Puri, David
N. McIlroy, Ali Kaan Kalkan, and Marimuthu Andiappan "Tuning Catalytic Activity and
Selectivity in Photocatalysis on Mie-Resonant Cuprous Oxide Particles: Distinguishing
Electromagnetic Field Enhancement Effect from the Heating Effect" ACS Sustainable
Chemistry & Engineering 2023 11 (44), 15931-15940.
28. Ramakrishnan S.B., Khatri N.,Tirumala, R. A., Mohammadparast F, Karuppasamy K., Kalkan K., Andiappan M. “Cupric Oxide Mie Resonators”, J. Phys. Chem. C 2022, 126, 38, 16272–16279.
27. Tirumala, R.A., Gyawali S, Wheeler A, Ramakrishnan, S.B., Sooriyagoda R, Mohammadparast F, Tan S, Kalkan KA, Bristow AD, Andiappan M. "Structure-Property-Performance Relationships of Cuprous Oxide Nanostructures for Dielectric Mie Resonance-Enhanced Photocatalysis". ACS Catal. 2022, 12, 13, 7975–7985.
26. Tirumala RA, Ramakrishnan S.B., Mohammadparast M, Khatri N, Arumugam MA, Tan S, Kalkan A.K, Andiappan M. "Structure-Property-
ACS Appl. Nano Mater. 2022, 5, 5, 6699–6707.
25. Ramakrishnan S.B., Mohammadparast F, Mou T, Le T, Prashant k. Jain, Wang B, Andiappan, M. "Photoinduced Electron and Energy Transfer Pathways and Photocatalytic Mechanisms in Hybrid Plasmonic Photocatalysis " (Invited Review Article), Advanced Optical Materials, 2021, 2101128.
Featured in Hot Topics: Surfaces and Interfaces
24. Ramakrishnan S.B., Tirumala R, Mohammadparast F, Mou T, Le T, Wang B, Andiappan, M. "Plasmonic Photocatalysis" (Invited Book Chapter), RSC Catalysis, Editors: Spivey, J., Han, Y., Shekawat, D. 2021, June,33:38-86.
23. Pary, F. F., Tirumala, R. T., Andiappan, M., Nelson, T. L. “Copper (I) oxide nanoparticle-mediated synthesis of polyphenylenediethynylenes: Evidence for homogeneous catalytic pathway”, Catalysis Science and Technology, 2021, 11, 2414-2421.
22. Mohammadparast, F.; Ramakrishnan S.B., Khatri, N.; Tirumala, R. A.; Tan, S.; Kalkan, K.; Andiappan, M. “Cuprous Oxide Cubic Particles with Strong and Tunable Mie Resonances for Use as Nanoantennas”, ACS Appl.Nano Mater, 2020, 3, 7, 6806–6815.
21. Mohammadparast, F.; Tirumala, R. A.; Ramakrishnan S.B., Dadgar, A.; Andiappan, M. “Operando UV-Vis Spectroscopy as In-line Process Analytic Technology Tool for Size Determination of Functioning Metal Nanocatalysts”, Chemical Engineering Science, 2020, 255, 115821.
20. Al Mubarak, Z., Premaratne, G., Dharmaratne, A., Mohammadparast, F., Andiappan, M., Krishnan, S. “Plasmonic Nucleotide Hybridization Chip for Attomolar Detection: Localized Gold and Tagged Core/Shell”, Lab on a Chip, 2020, 20, 717-721.
19. Premaratne, G., Dharmaratne, A., Al Mubarak, Z., Mohammadparast, F., Andiappan, M., Krishnan, S. “Multiplexed Surface Plasmon Imaging of Serum Biomolecules: Fe3O4@Au Core/shell Nanoparticles with Plasmonic Simulation In-sights”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2019, 299, 126956-126963.
18. Tirumala, R. A., Dadgar, A., Mohammadparast, F., Ramakrishnan S.B., Mou, T., Wang, B., Andiappan, M. “Homogeneous versus Heterogeneous Catalysis in Cu2O Nanoparticles Catalyzed C-C Coupling Reactions”, Green Chemistry, 2019, 21, 5284-5290.
17. Mohammadparast, F.; Dadgar, A.; Tirumala, R. A.; Mohammad, S.; Cagri, O.; Kalkan, K.; Andiappan, M. “C-C Coupling Reactions Catalyzed by Gold Nanoparticles: Evidence for Substrate-mediated Leaching of Surface Atoms using Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2019, 123, 11539-11545. (Featured on Journal Cover).
16. Merritt, J., Andiappan, M., Pietz, M., Richey, R., Sullivan, K., Kjell, D. “Mitigating the risk of co-precipitation of pinacol from telescoped Miyaura borylation and Suzuki couplings utilizing boron pinacol esters: Use of modeling for process design”, Organic Process Research & Development, 2016, 20, 178-188.
15. Linic, S., Christopher, P., Xin, H., Andiappan, M. “Catalytic and photocatalytic transformations on metal nanoparticles with targeted geometric and plasmonic properties”, Accounts of Chemical Research, 2013, 46, 1890-1899.
14. Andiappan, M., Zhang, J., Linic, S. “Tuning selectivity in propylene epoxidation by plasmon mediated photo-switching of Cu oxidation state”, Science, 2013, 339, 1590-1593.
13. Christopher, P., Xin, H., Andiappan, M., Linic, S. “Singular characteristics and unique chemical bond activation mechanisms of photocatalytic reactions on plasmonic nanostructures”, Nature Materials, 2012, 11, 1044-1050.
12. Andiappan, M., Christopher, P., Linic, S. “Design of plasmonic platforms for selective molecular sensing based on surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2012, 116, 9824-9829.
11. Vinu, R., Andiappan, M., Madras, G. “Enzymatic degradation of poly(soybean oil-g-methyl methacrylate)”, Journal of Polymer Engineering, 2010, 30, 57-76.
10. Andiappan, M., Madras, G. “Continuous distribution kinetics for microwave assisted oxidative degradation of poly(alkyl methacrylates)”, AIChE Journal, 2008, 54, 2164-2173.
9. Andiappan, M., Madras, G. “Photocatalytic oxidative degradation of poly (alkyl acrylates) with Nano TiO2”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2008, 47, 2182-2190.
8. Andiappan, M., Madras, G. “Effect of oxidizers on microwave-assisted oxidative degradation of poly(alkyl acrylates)”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2008, 47, 7538-7544.
7. Roy, S., Andiappan, M., Deshpande, P.A., Hegde, M.S., Madras, G. “Selective catalytic reduction of NOx: Mechanistic perspectives on the role of base metal and noble metal ion substitution”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2008, 47, 9240-9247.
6. Roy, S., Hegde, M.S., Sharma, S., Lalla, N.P., Andiappan, M., Madras, G. “Low temperature NOx and N2O reduction by H2: Mechanism and development of new nano-catalysts”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2008, 84, 341-350.
5. Roy, S., Andiappan, M., Hegde, M.S., Madras, G. “NO reduction by H2 over nano-Ce0.98Pd0.02O2-δ”, Catalysis Communications, 2008, 9, 101-105.
4. Roy, S., Andiappan, M., Hegde, M.S., Madras, G. “High rates of NO and N2O reduction by CO, CO and hydrocarbon oxidation by O2 over nano crystalline Ce0.98Pd0.02O2-δ: Catalytic and kinetic studies”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2007, 71, 23-31.
3. Andiappan, M., Madras, G. “Effect of alkyl-group substituents on the degradation of poly (alkyl methacrylates) in supercritical fluids”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2007, 46, 15-21.
2. Roy, S., Andiappan, M., Hegde, M.S., Madras, G. “High rates of CO and hydrocarbon oxidation and NO reduction by CO over Ti0.99Pd0.01O1.99”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2007, 73, 300-310.
1. Baidya, T., Andiappan, M., Hegde, M.S., Ravishankar, N., Madras, G. “Higher catalytic activity of nano-Ce1-x-yTixPdyO2-δ compared to nano-Ce1-xPdxO2-δ for CO oxidation and N2O and NO reduction by CO: Role of oxide ion vacancy”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2007, 111, 830-839.