Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
University of Kentucky, 2007
B.E., Mechanical Engineering
Bharathidasan University, 2002
- Biofluid mechanics
- Bio-inspired design
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Flow control
- Vortex dynamics
- Experimental fluid dynamics & non-invasive imaging
- Medical device design, development and testing
Awards and Recognition
- Carroll M. Leonard Fellow in Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology, Oklahoma State University, 3-year term (2018)
- Outstanding Faculty Award, College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology, Oklahoma State University (2017)
- Recipient of theGreater Southeast Affiliate Postdoctoral Fellowship, American Heart Association
- Winner of Three-in-Five Competition for KIDS pediatric renal dialysis device, selected from 112 peer-reviewed contributed papers, 11th Annual Design of Medical Devices Conference, April 10-12, Minneapolis, MN(2012)
- Best Technical Presentation, AIAA 32nd Annual Dayton-Cincinnati Aerospace Sciences Symposium (2007)
- Best Technical Presentation, AIAA 31st Annual Dayton-Cincinnati Aerospace Sciences Symposium (2006)
- Recipient ofKentucky Graduate Scholarship, University of Kentucky (2002–2007)
- American Physical Society (APS) – Division of Fluid Dynamics
- Society of Integrative and Comparative Biology (SICB) – Divisions of Comparative Biomechanics & Invertebrate Zoology
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics I
- Turbulent Fluid Dynamics
- Experimental Fluid Dynamics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fundamental Fluid Dynamics
- Oklahoma State Lambda Chapter, Pi Tau Sigma (Mechanical Engineering Honor Society), 2016–2020
- Kasoju, V.T. and Santhanakrishnan, A.(2021). Aerodynamic interaction of bristled wing pairs in fling.Physics of Fluids 33(3): 031901. doi: 10.1063/5.0036018.
- Ford, M.P. and Santhanakrishnan, A.(2021). On the role of phase lag in multi-appendage metachronalswimming of euphausiids. To appear in Bioinspiration & Biomimetics. doi: 10.1088/1748-3190/abc930.Âă
- Samaee, M., Nelsen, N.H., Gaddam, M.G. and Santhanakrishnan, A.(2020). Diastolic vortex alterations with reducing left ventricular volume: an in vitro study. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering142(12): 121006.doi: 10.1115/1.4047663.
- Alexander, A.S. and Santhanakrishnan, A.(2020). Mechanisms of power augmentation in two side-by-side vertical axis wind turbines.Renewable Energy148: 600-610. doi: 10.1016/j.renene.2019.10.149.
- Ford, M.P., Lai,H.K., Samaee,M. and Santhanakrishnan, A.(2019). Hydrodynamics of metachronal paddling: effects of varying Reynolds number and phase lag. Royal Society Open Science6: 191387.doi: 10.1098/rsos.191387.