Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Oklahoma State University, 2012
M.S. Mechanical Engineering
University of Tehran, Iran, 2007
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
University of Tehran, Iran, 2004
- Air-Conditioning (HVAC)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Experimental measurements of flow
- Microfluidsand Microchannels
- Thermal storages
- Refrigeration cycles and heat pumps
- Cold and hot air jets
- Heat transfer and two phase flow in coils
- Design of (compact) heat exchangers
Awards and Recognition
- Received full scholarship at Oklahoma State University (2008-2012)
- Received full scholarship at University of Tehran (1998-2004)
- Ranked 417th in National Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program Entrance Exam among more than 12,000 participants, Tehran, Iran (2004)
- Ranked 872th in National Undergraduate University Entrance Exam among more than 400,000 participants from the whole country, Tehran, Iran (1998)
- Vice president of ASHRAE student branch at Oklahoma State University (2011-2012)
- Won the 3rd award in student paper competition in international Purdue HVAC conference (2012)
- Award winner for the best paper of the year in International Journal of Refrigeration (2012)
- Reviewer of journals: Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Int.J.Refrigeration, Heat Transfer Eng. (2012-13)
- Padhmanabhan S.K., Fisher D.E., Cremaschi L.and E.Moallem.(2011) Modeling non-uniform frost growth on a fin-and-tube heat exchanger. International Journal of Refrigeration, 34, 8: 2018-2030.
- Moallem E., Hong T., CremaschiL. and D.E. Fisher. (2013) Experimental Investigation of Adverse Effect of Frost Formation on Microchannel Evaporators, Part 1: Effect of Fin Geometry and Environmental Effects. International Journal of Refrigeration, 36, 6: 1762–1775.
- Moallem E., Hong T., Cremaschi L.andD.E.Fisher.(2013) Experimental Investigation of Adverse Effect of Frost Formation on Microchannel Evaporators. HVAC & R Research, 19, 4: 347-362.
- Moallem, E., Hong T., Cremaschi L.andD.E. Fisher.(2013) Developing Empirical Correlations for Frost Thickness and Air Face Velocity Degradation for Microchannel Heat Exchangers Used in Heat Pump Applications under Frosting Condition.HVAC & R Research,19,7:779–787.
- Moallem, E.,Cremaschi L., Fisher D.Eand T. Hong. (2017) Effects of frost growth onlouvered folded fins of microchannel heat exchangers on the time-dependent air side convective heat transfer coefficient. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 88, 326-335.