Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
University of Florida, 2014
M.S., Mechanical Engineering
University of Florida, 2011
B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, 2007
- Data-driven Control
- Hybrid and Nonsmooth Systems
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Socio-Ecological Systems
- Nonlinear Control
- Optimal Control
- Reinforcement Learning
- Assured Autonomy
Awards and Recognition
- 2017, Elevated to the grade of IEEE Senior Member. IEEE Senior Membership is an honor bestowed only to those who have made significant contributions to the profession
- 2015, MAE Best Dissertation Award, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. MAE Teaching Fellowship, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
- 2014, MAE Outstanding Graduate Research Award, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
- 2013, IEEE CSS student travel support for the 52nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Florence,Italy.
- 2009, College of Engineering Achievement Award for new engineering graduate students, University ofFlorida, Gainesville, FL.
- 2013 IEEE Control Systems Society.
- 2018 IEEE Robotics and Automation Society.
- Engineering Analysis and Methods
- Introduction to Autonomous Systems
- Optimal Control
- Nonlinear Systems Analysis and Control
- Automatic Control Systems
- R. Kamalapurkar, W. E. Dixon, and A. R. Teel, “On reduction of differential inclusions and Lyapunovstability,”ESAIMControlOptim.Calc.Var.,vol.26,2020.
- A. Parikh, R. Kamalapurkar, and W. E. Dixon, “Integral concurrent learning: Adaptive control withparameterconvergenceusingfiniteexcitation,”Int.J.Adapt.ControlSignalProcess.,vol.33,no.12,pp. 1775–1787, 2019.
- S. Thapa, R. V. Self, R. Kamalapurkar, and H. Bai, “Cooperative manipulation of an unknownpayload with concurrent mass and drag force estimation,”IEEE Control Syst. Lett., vol. 3, no. 4,pp. 907–912, 2019.
- J. A. Rosenfeld, R. Kamalapurkar, and W. E. Dixon, “The state following approximation method,”IEEE Trans. Neural Netw. Learn. Syst., vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1716–1730, 2019.
- R. Kamalapurkar, J. A. Rosenfeld, A. Parikh, A. R. Teel, and W. E. Dixon, “Invariancelike resultsforswitchednonautonomousnonsmoothsystems,”IEEE Trans. Autom. Control,vol.64,no.2,pp. 614–627, 2019.