Living Learning Community
Parker Hall Living Learning Community
First-year College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology (CEAT) students can take advantage of a dedicated Living Learning Program in Parker Hall!
The newly renovated residence hall features traditional style living with specialized services and programs for CEAT students. Designed to connect high-achieving students with like-minded peers and upper-class mentors (known as PEATEs), this living environment is a proven method for academic success. Parker Hall residents experience everything OSU has to offer plus unique programming and resources. You can learn more about the building here!
Benefits of participating in the Parker Hall Living Learning Program include:
- Quiet study area in the basement - an extension of the CEAT Student Excellence Center with the necessary tools to help students succeed including printers, 3D printer, white boards, etc.
- Renovated common areas on each floor for recreational activities and bonding
- Free, onsite tutoring provided by CEAT Tutors
- Mentoring by CEAT upperclassmen
- IT Support
- Regular interaction with CEAT faculty and staff
- Career coaching
- Strengths and learning style assessments
- CEAT Student Organization Fair held at the beginning of the academic year
- Private seminars, trainings, and other programs hosted by faculty, staff, and corporate sponsors
- Proximity to the academic center of campus and dining options
CEAT’s Parker Hall LLP offers several different living opportunities:
- Women’s only housing on the 2nd floor
- Co-educational housing with a diversity, equity and inclusion focus on the 3rd floor
- Co-educational housing on the 4th floor
- Men’s only housing on the 5th floor
To read more about the mentors who live with the first-year students in Parker Hall (known as PEATEs), click here.