Dr. Avdhesh Tyagi, Ph.D., P.E.
Ph.D., Water Resources Engineering
University of California-Berkley, 1971
M.S., Hydraulic Engineering
University of Roorkee, India, 1967
B.S., Civil Engineering
University of Allahabad, India, 1965
Dr. Tyagi's research interests include finite element modeling, GIS applications to surface water modeling, Fuzzy theory to ground water modeling, remediation of hazardous waste sites, bridge and culvert and scour modeling.
Current Research Projects
Laboratory Modeling of Energy Dissipation in Broken-back Culverts
Awards and Recognition
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Fellow Award, Oklahoma Society of Professional Engr., 2003
- Fellow Award, National Society of Professional Engineers, 2004
- Outstanding Engineer of the Year Award, Frontier Chapter, 2003
- Outstanding Engineer of the Year Award, Oklahoma Society of Professional Engineers, 2004
- Outstanding Engineer-in-management, Oklahoma Society of Professional Engineers, 2005
- Advanced Leadership Award, Oklahoma State University, 2000
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Water Resources Association
- International Water Resources Association
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Oklahoma Society of Professional Engineers
- Registered Professional Engineer, Oklahoma, No. 13147
- Registered Professional Sanitary Engineer, Arizona, No. 10829
- Tyagi, A. K., “Groundwater Quality – Emerging Challenges,” Water, Environmental, Energy and Society Congress, 2009.
- Tyagi, A. K., “WHPA Modeling of Aquifers on GSS Platform,” International Water Resources and Environmental Engineers, ASCE, 2008.
- Tyagi, A. K., “Natural Degradation in Arkansas River, Oklahoma,” International Water and Environmental Congress, 2007.
- Tyagi, A. K., “DRASTIC Modeling for Vulnerability Assessment of Aquifers on GIS Platform,” International Water Resources and Environmental Congress, 2006.
- Tyagi, A. K., “Modeling of fractured Aquifer in Oklahoma, USA,” International Perspective on Environmental and Water Resources, 2006.
- Tyagi, A. K., “ A Ranking Methodology for Scour-Critical Culverts in Oklahoma,” International Environmental and Water Resources Congress, ASCE, 2005.
- Tyagi, A. K., “Modeling of a Fractured Aquifer in Oklahoma Using Continuum Approach,” International Environmental and Water Resources Congress, ASCE, 2005.