Dr. David Lampert, Ph.D., P.E.
Ph.D., Civil Engineering
The University of Texas, Austin, TX, 2010
M.S., Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
The University of Texas, Austin, TX, 2003
B.S., Civil Engineering
Oklahoma State University, 2001
Dr. Lampert seeks to analyze and reduce the impacts of human actions on the environment using novel datasets, mathematical models, laboratory-scale experiments, and field studies. His research includes analysis of the impacts of energy production on water resources, wastewater treatment and reuse, contaminated site remediation, and water quality modeling.
Registered Professional Engineer, Texas, No. 110055
· American Society of Civil Engineers
· American Geophysical Union
· American Water Resources Association
Awards and Recognitions
· Featured Paper, Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, 2013, Issue 3
· Pacesetter Award, Argonne National Laboratory, 2014
· Chevron Fellowship in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, 2009-2010
· Lampert, D.J., Hao, C., and Elgowainy, A. 2016. "Wells to wheels: water consumption for transportation fuels in the United States," Energy & Environmental Science, in press.
· Lampert, D.J. and Wu, M. 2015. "Development of an open-source software platform for watershed modeling with the Hydrological Simulation Program in Fortran," Environmental Modelling and Software, 68:166-174.
· Lampert, D.J., Thomas, C., and Reible, D.D. 2015. "Internal and external transport process significance for predicting contaminant uptake rates in passive samplers," Chemosphere, 119:910-916.
· Lampert, D.J., Lu, X., and Reible, D.D. 2013. "Long-term monitoring results from the Anacostia River active capping demonstration using polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Fibers," featured publication, Environmental Science: Processes and Impacts, 15:554-562.
· Lampert, D.J., Sarchet, W.S., and Reible, D.D. 2011. "Assessing the effectiveness of thin-layer sand caps for contaminated sediment management through passive sampling," Environmental Science & Technology, 45:8437-8443.
· Lampert, D.J., Frisch, M.A., and Speitel, G.E. 2007. "Removal of perfluorooctanoic acid and perfluorooctane sulfonate from wastewater by ion exchange," Practice Periodical of Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste Management, 11:60-68.