Dr. Yongwei Shan, Ph.D., P.E.
Ph.D., Civil Engineering
University of Colorado at Boulder, 2014
Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics
University of Kentucky, 2011
M.S., Civil Engineering
University of Kentucky, 2008
B.E., Construction Engineering and International Project Management
Chongqing University, 2003
- Construction productivity measurement and improvement
- Building Information Modeling for Engineering, Construction, and Facility Management
- Effective Engineering Information Delivery
- Technology Implementation and Diffusion
Awards and Recognition
- Chi Epsilon National Civil Engineering Honor Society
- Michael Garver Fellowship, University of Kentucky, August 2007 - June 2012.
- Outstanding graduate, Chongqing University, June 2003.
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Construction Institute
Registered Professional Engineer, Kentucky
- Shan, Y.; and Goodrum; P. (2014). “Integration of Building Information Modeling with Critical Path Method Schedule to Simulate Temperature and Humidity Effect on Construction Productivity.” Buildings 2014, 4, 295-319; doi:10.3390/buildings4030295.
- Taylor, T.; Goodrum, P.; McCoy, A., Uddin, M.; and Shan, Y. (2012). "Change Orders and Lessons Learned: Knowledge from Statistical Analyses of Engineering Change Orders on Kentucky Highway Projects." Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 138(2), 1360-1369.
- Shan, Y.; Goodrum, P.; Zhai, D.; Haas, C.; and Caldas, C. (2011). "The impact of management practices on mechanical construction productivity." Construction Management and Economics, 29(3), 305-316.
- Jones, T.; Shan, Y.; and Goodrum, P. (2010). "An investigation of Corporate Approaches to Sustainability in the U.S. Engineering and Construction Industry." Construction Management and Economics, 28(9), 971-983.
- Goodrum, P., Haas, C., Caldas, C., Shan, Y., Kim, J., and Liu, Y. (2013). The Productivity Handbook. The Construction Industry Institute. Implementation Resource 252-2d. The University of Texas at Austin.