The Bachelor of Science program in Computer Engineering is accredited by the Engineering
Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Electrical, Computer, Communication, and Telecommunication(s)
Engineering Program Criteria.
The Bachelor of Science program in Electrical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Electrical, Computer, Communication, and Telecommunication(s) Engineering Program Criteria.
Program Educational Objectives: BSEE and BSCpE
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Oklahoma State University strives to produce outstanding graduates in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering who are successful in their careers. Specifically,
- Our Graduates will be widely employed across the range of subdisciplines within electrical engineering and computer engineering, and will be highly sought after by industrial, academic, non-profit, and governmental organizations.
- Our Graduates will compete in a technologically changing world, collaborate in a diverse workforce, and communicate effectively their knowledge and ideas to colleagues, employers, customers, and stakeholders.
- Our Graduates will be recognized leaders, team players, problem solvers, innovators, and entrepreneurs in their profession.
- Our Graduates will identify and contribute to solving grand-challenge problems that improve the lives of people in Oklahoma, the United States, and around the world, serving their communities and their profession to produce a lasting, significant, and positive impact.
- Our Graduates will abide by the highest ethical standards of professional practice in a technologically changing, professional environment.
- Our Graduates will continue to develop professionally throughout their lives by being adaptive learners with a never ending desire to assimilate new knowledge and embrace new technologies.
- Our Graduates will have the knowledge to earn professional registration or certification in their field or earn an advanced post-graduate or professional degree should they choose.
- Our Graduates will make a positive difference in the world.
Student Outcomes: BSEE and BSCpE
The baccalaureate programs of ECE have student outcomes that support the BSEE and BSCpE Education Objectives. Attainment of these outcomes prepares ECE graduates to enter their professional practice.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees
Learn more about undergraduate enrollment and degrees here.
Comprehensive data about the university is provided on Oklahoma State University's Ledger.