Graduate Application Check List
The fields of Civil and Environmental Engineering represent challenging and rewarding professions that serve the needs of the public at all levels from locally to internationally. Our graduates practice in local, state and government agencies; small, medium and large consulting firms both domestic and internationally; and use Civil and Environmental degrees to launch careers in fields such as law, medicine and venture capitalism.
Application Priority Deadline
• March 1 for Fall admission
• August 1 for Spring admission
Applications will continue to be reviewed after the deadline, once they are complete, but may not gain a recommendation in time for desired program commencement.
Minimum Background Requirements
• Successful completion of a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, with minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Additionally, B.S. degrees in MATH or PHYS may be considered.
Documents required for admission review, in addition to transcripts
• GRE test score completed within the past 3 years
• 3 professional recommendation letters from those such as academic advisors and former professors who can address applicant’s academic record and potential for master level work
• Statement of Interest (about 2 pages) indicating the desired area of study, explaining how prior academic and professional experiences have prepared the applicant for M.S. level study, and how the M.S. program will contribute to the applicant’s goals
• Current and complete resume/vita