Skip to main content

Engineering, Architecture and Technology

Open Main MenuClose Main Menu


How to Drop a Course

BEFORE YOU DROP – Be aware that a reduction in hours due to a course drop (or a withdrawal from the university) may affect:

  • Financial Aid (including scholarships, grants, loans, and Consortium Agreements) - Contact the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid, 119 Student Union Stillwater, OK 74078, (email -, phone - (405) 744-6604 or fax - (405) 744-6438, School Code: 003170), to speak with a staff person before doing anything to your schedule.
  • Benefits received under the G.I. Bill ((614) 247-VETS (8387)).
  • Automotive insurance - if you receive discounts for being a full-time student.
  • Health insurance - if you need to be a full-time student to be covered on a parent's policy.
  • Your athletic eligibility - If you are a varsity athlete, you must see your athletic advisor first, to obtain permission, before taking a signed form to your academic advisor.
  • Your visa - If you are an international student, you must see an advisor in the International Students and Scholars office for approval before taking a signed form to your academic advisor.  Call (405) 744-5459.

If you are struggling in a course, consult with your advisor or instructor about academic support resources prior to dropping the course. DO NOT just stop attending your course! You need to speak with an advisor before dropping courses and/or withdrawing from the university.

Courses can be dropped online from the Banner system (Student/Registration/Add or Drop Classes).

Back To Top