Zheyu Jiang, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering
Purdue University, 2018
B.Ch.E., Chemical Engineering
University of Minnesota, 2014
Process Development Engineer, Corteva Agriscience, 2019-2021
Process Development Engineer, The Dow Chemical Company, 2018-2019
Innovation next-generation separation processes via systems engineering
Enabling digital and precision farming with AI tools
Promoting sustainability during food processing and consumption
Prof. Jiang's lab, Computational Laboratory for Advanced Manufacturing and Sustainability (CLAMS), develops advanced process systems engineering methods and tools to solve some of the most critical challenges of our time, including separations, specialty chemicals manufacturing, digital agriculture, carbon neutrality, Food-Energy-Water Nexus, and so on. Prof. Jiang has a broad interest in various fields of process systems engineering, including process modeling and optimization, conceptual process synthesis and design, and artificial intelligence.
In the near term, Prof. Jiang is committed to combining his expertise in process systems engineering and agriculture to address various sustainability issues related to Food-Energy-Water Nexus. In particular, CLAMS will reexamine and renovate all human activities involved in the R&D, production, distribution, processing, and consumption of agricultural products, thereby offering data-driven, systems-oriented solutions and insights to the sustainable intensification of global agriculture and food systems.
1. Jiang Z, Chen Z, Huff J, Shenvi A, Tawarmalani M, Agrawal R. Global Minimization of Total Exergy Loss of Multicomponent Distillation Configurations. AIChE Journal. 2019;65(11):e16737.
2. Jiang Z, Mathew TJ, Huff J, Nallasivam U, Tawarmalani M, Agrawal R. Global optimization of multicomponent distillation configurations: Global minimization of total cost for multicomponent mixture separations. Computers & Chemical Engineering. 2019;126:249-262.
3. Jiang Z, Agrawal R. Process intensification in multicomponent distillation: A review of recent advancements. Chemical Engineering Research and Design. 2019;147:122-145.
4. Jiang Z, Madenoor Ramapriya G, Tawarmalani M, Agrawal R. Process Intensification in Multicomponent Distillation. Chemical Engineering Transactions. 2018;69:841-846.
5. Jiang Z, Madenoor Ramapriya G, Tawarmalani M, Agrawal R. Minimum energy of multicomponent distillation systems using minimum additional heat and mass integration sections. AIChE Journal. 2018;64(9):3410-3418.